... are fantastic!!!
The Polzeath Marine Conservation Group is run by passionate folk who volunteer not only their time, but also their skills, talents, ideas, interest, passion, and wonder. We come from all walks of life, and each of us has a story of how we came to be a PMCG volunteer.
The below is not a definitive list, but I wanted to give examples of the different things our volunteers do within the group;
- acting as committee members - secretary, treasurer, chair, vice chair...
- man the Marine Centre,
- helping the planning of our annual Marine Discovery Day,
- planning, running, and, supporting those running events,
- produce our newsletter,
- dealing with paperwork, writing reports, completing risk assessments,
- managing our Facebook page and website,
- processing all of the emails we get,
- designing our events programme leaflet,
- write articles for local magazines/papers about the work we do,
- organising fund raising events,
- co-ordinating publicity,
- taking part in essential survey work and writing reports of the data,
- beach cleaning,
- helping run seashore safaris for local schools,
- designing posters for events,
- forging links with local businesses and community groups,
- attending and organising volunteer training events.......
If you are thinking of becoming a volunteer, and want more information, please feel free to email us at email@example.com and one of us will get back to you. If you would like to speak to someone, include your phone number in the email and we’ll get back to you asap!
Read the profiles below to find out why our volunteers think you should join us...